Where there’s a will there’s a way
All of us dream of achieving many goals in life. But usually, many of us fail to succeed, and we end up cursing our faith. The fact is that only we are responsible for our failure and misfortune. Dreaming to achieve something is not enough. We should have a strong will also to carry our plans. Without determination, we can’t put enough strength to make our plans successful. Apart from that, even if our ideas are rather dull, we can work enthusiastically for its success. On the other hand, a good plan with enough strategy will not succeed if there will be a lack of strong will.
The English proverb “Where there is will, there is a way” is a statement of strength, encouragement, and determination. Willpower is an intense desire that implements enthusiasm inside us and defeats hurdles that come on the way to success. It emphasizes strong commitment, hard work, and fixed goals. If we set our minds to do something, then no obstacle can stop us from achieving our aim.
Sometimes, it may seem difficult to achieve any task, but we can confront all the hurdles with strong will power. This single statement “Where there is a will, there is a way” is enough to become more determined and focused on achieving the set target. Everyone should adopt this saying as their motto of life to become a better human being and achieve success.
Importance of the Phrase “Where there is a will, there is a way”
Determination and willpower are two initial stages on the path of success. The ones who work hard will always be ready to accept difficulties as challenges and overcome them with hard work and strong determination. Will power turns dream into reality, for instance, if a student aims to clear UPSC competition with the first rank without any preparation, he/she can’t achieve it. However, other students can complete their targets through proper guidance, devotion, and hard work.
Will power is the stern determination that motivates people not to give up until the dream is reached. This proverb holds great importance in many ways as it pushes our limits to achieve what we dream. Sometimes it happens that we start losing hope by fear of failure, and then our will power helps to rise. Many poor people have become billionaires through the sheer power of will. It is rightly said that will power can mold mountains.
In other words, just dreaming and doing nothing to achieve can end up with failure and disappointment. So, only those who take risks will successfully achieve their aim. People have stepped on the moon, dived into the deepest sea, reached the highest peak of the mountain, and many more. Hence, nothing is impossible for a man with great determination. History is filled with the best examples of people who have pushed their limits to achieve their dreams. We have many such legendary figures who have proven the power of strong determination. Some of them are listed below, which motivates us to rise against all the odds.
- The most recognized scientist and physicist, Stephen Hawking, whose whole body was paralyzed except his brain, but he has still worked successfully on many projects like Black Hole Theory, Big Bang Theory, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Arunima Sinha, India’s mountaineer, to become the first female amputee to climb Mount Everest. She had dreamed of climbing mountains of all continents, but she was pushed out from a running train. She lost her left leg in that accident, but her immortal determination of mountain climbing made a perfect example for the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation, was determined to throw the Britishers out of the country without using weapons. The British empire bowed down in front of his strong will power, and successfully India became a free nation.
- Nelson Mandela was a South African leader who led a revolution against the apartheid. He faced many difficulties and succeeded in the war against the racial segregation system.
- Malala Yousafzai is a female educational activist of Pakistan, who raised her voice for the equal right to education. Though she faced the bullet’s attack, that was not enough to shut her mouth against discrimination. Later on, she is awarded as the youngest Nobel prize laureate.
The strong resolution, perseveration, and determination are the key points to accomplish our goal. When one lacks willpower, they quickly give up and face failure. So, we need to uncover our inner resilience to attain our dreams. This phrase inspires us to stay motivated even during undesirable and hard times. Sometimes lack of willpower can harm the physical, mental, or financial health of a person. Hence, the power of determination teaches us to remain disciplined, patient and committed to working.
It also stimulates the youth of the nation to achieve anything in their life. Will power is the roadmap to the most significant achievement as the more we are determined to win, the more we will reach different heights of success.
# Read more Essay, Biography & paragraph writings,